Position Summary: The Accounts Receivable Specialist works closely with the Accounts Receivable Supervisor to process customer invoices, post daily AR cash receipts, and ensure timely collections on all accounts. Oversee and manage all supporting AR records and maintain compliance with policies and procedures.
Reports to: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Join the team at Worldwise, Inc., a global leader in the retail pet industry. We’re one of the fastest growing branded manufacturers in the pet supply space, fueled by relentless customer focus, innovation, eco-friendly & sustainable products and operational excellence. We own and manage leading brands in the pet supplies, toys, bedding and travel categories. Our brands and products go to market across 40,000 points of distribution, from mass market retailers and eCommerce to pet specialty stores, club, grocery and independent brick & mortar. We’ve further expanded our offerings by making successful investments in new categories such as pet treats and technology.
As a member of the Worldwise team, you’ll join a collegial culture, work on challenging projects, work in a beautiful pet-friendly office in Marin County and receive competitive compensation and benefits. During COVID, most employees are working remotely, but we’re developing plans for a hybrid arrangement for the future.
- Using the Sage/MAS 500 Accounting System, validate sales order/invoicing data and create invoices daily.
- Process, post and deliver customer invoices via customer preferred method of receipt (web portal, email, EDI, or mail).
- Enter customer payments and match to outstanding invoices. Post daily AR cash receipts and record all discounts and allowances (D&A) taken by the customer.
- Monitor, research, and follow-through on returns, claims, and D&A as needed.
- Communicate with customers on invoicing and payments discrepancies. Maintain strong customer relationships.
- Ensure timely collections on assigned accounts, maintain a clean and current customer aged invoice report, and communicate any issues to the AR Manager.
- Oversee Customer onboarding which includes account setup, vendor forms, and creating accounts in the customer’s supplier portals.
- Accurately set-up and maintain customers in Sage, including all AR related data fields.
- Promptly provide solutions to billing inquiries from customers.
- Track AR collections outreach and responses in a spreadsheet and review weekly with the AR Manager and Controller.
- Provide aging reports and AR analysis to team members as needed.
- Manage all AR records and files.
- Participate in successful monthly close and annual audits.
- Perform other accounting tasks and ad hoc analysis as required.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated success in Accounts Receivable and Collections.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, and reliable.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, and 10-key by touch
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
**LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
**NO RECRUITER CALLS
Interested and qualified applicants for any open position can email their resumes (with cover letters) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Be sure to reference the exact job title in the subject line.