Oversee all aspects of logistics including ocean, truck, transfers, tracking, quoting & cubing out loads.
Join the team at Worldwise, Inc., a global leader in the retail pet industry. We’re one of the fastest growing branded manufacturers in the pet supply space, fueled by relentless customer focus, innovation, eco-friendly & sustainable products and operational excellence. We own and manage leading brands in the pet supplies, toys, bedding and travel categories. Our brands and products go to market across 40,000 points of distribution, from mass market retailers and eCommerce to pet specialty stores, club, grocery and independent brick & mortar.
As a member of the Worldwise team, you’ll join a collegial culture, work on challenging projects, work in a beautiful pet-friendly office in Marin County and receive competitive compensation and benefits.
During COVID, most employees are working remotely. We are developing plans for a hybrid/remote arrangement for the future.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage the inbound tracking report by updating the inbound sheets for every delivery point in the US & Canada.
- Work with brokers daily to help facilitate clearances & movement of the inbound shipments. Providing documentation for clearance & customs requirements in a very timely manner to avoid any delay on inbound.
- Quote shipments & handle all transfer activities to & from every location with exception of the 2 McAllen buildings & shipments between each location.
- Quoting & cubing out loads for costing & sales team.
- Approve & track costs associated with all freight expenses.
- Oversee daily activities in Calgary as it relates to WMT Canada & daily activities in Compton as it relates to transloads & transfers.
- Work closely with the planning team as it relates to inbound shipments & priorities.
- Classify and assign HTS codes for new products and maintain the HTS codes in SAGE 500.
- Work with our brokers to submit binding rulings to US customs.
- Running, maintaining and distributing a quarterly tariff report for senior management.
- Performing a bi-monthly cost analysis of SHINE shipping rates and China-to-Canada LCL shipping rates.
- Inbound Container- and Air Shipment Tracking.
- Obtain Certificates of Origin from local US government agencies to accompany outbound exports.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives and documentation of those process.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge with Excel.
- Manage reports in several formats.
- Prior experience in Logistics/shipping, distribution & manufacturing.
- Good math skills in the area of cubing out loads & palletization.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Import/export customs experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, follow-up and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Suite with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Familiar with classifying product using the harmonized commodity description and coding system.
Highly Desired Skills/Experience
- Relevant experience at an importer/exporter, international freight forwarding or customs brokerage company.
- Knowledge of global trade regulations, export administration regulations, and customs regulations.
**LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
**NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
Interested and qualified applicants for any open position can email their resumes (with cover letters) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Be sure to reference the exact job title in the subject line.