This design position requires someone that can flex between design development and keeping an eye towards the details of material cost, design for manufacturability, and an understanding of both the retailer and end consumer.
Candidate will ideate & design products to support rapid expansion in the pet travel category. Design work will include creation of original patterns, ideation of new silhouettes & products, renderings for presentations, as well as the creation of development requests and specs for sample development as necessary.
This role requires someone who can juggle multiple projects, with shifting priorities, a self-starter is key. The candidate will collaborate with the management team throughout the design process & manage the sampling process with our factory teams through presentation to customer.
Reports To: Senior Director of Research & Product Development
Supports: Pet Travel
Worldwise is a market leader in pet industry. We have a passionate team of pet lovers that are always striving to make better, safer products that appeal
s to three audiences: Retail Buyer, Pet Parent and ultimately the pet.
Successful team members have an exceptional attitude and can-do approach! We don’t do egos or drama!! We do teamwork and productivity with kind & collaborative people that thrive on getting through their to-do list and out-innovating the competition. As a team we are proud to consistently bring product to market that stands out from our competitors while also being solution driven and child safe.
- Market & competitive awareness: Understand channel and brand differences as well as Worldwise core competencies to ensure design recommendations are inline to deliver financially, visually, and structurally in a highly competitive industry and marketplace.
- Research: Build competitive product research & detailed market understanding in travel, outdoor, and pet industries.
- Design: Ability to visually communicate ideas by hand sketch as well as utilizing Adobe Creative Suite. Tooled items, soft good material and pattern development & ideation skills are necessary. Candidate must be able to complete spec documents for factory production.
- Costing Awareness: Possess attention to detail with understanding of costing and how design details directly impact final product cost. Ability to work with Product Managers to understand the market right retail, competitive like items and incorporate into design offering that allows both retailer & manufacture to achieve profit margins.
- Collaborate: across the entire product development & design team for product ideation
- Manage: Responsible for the timely evaluation of samples against spec for shape, measurements, and overall aesthetic. Make suggestions for improvements as needed, update the database with all artwork and measurements as applicable.
Key Success Factors:
- Strong design ability. Can collaboratively apply design skills with a variety of teams.
- Ability to create detailed product specifications, sewing or pattern making knowledge ideal
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, flexes to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to hear “no” or try again repeatedly without being discouraged. Outside of the box, creative & blue-sky concepting skills.
- Pet lover must get joy from seeing a safe and happy pet…. must be able to be around cats & dogs.
- Self-disciplined with strong time management skills to achieve deliverable dates across many projects & changing priorities
- Creative problem solver with an open mind to new ways of completing projects.
- Self-motivated with a consistent sense of urgency without ego or drama
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluent in Excel and ability to learn/use PLM database system
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Degree in design related field: apparel, industrial, graphic design
- Full-time, 5 days/work week. Ability to work at least three days per week in Broomfield, CO office with two days remotely.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health insurance options (PPO & Kaiser)
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Paid time off
- Dog-friendly office
- Access to product samples
- Schedule flexibility considerations
All applicants must include a PDF portfolio or link to an online portfolio
Interested and qualified applicants for any open position can email their resumes (with cover letters) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Be sure to reference the exact job title in the subject line.