Business Development Sales Manager
Sales — Remote
Position Summary: This role will be focused on supporting our Pet Specialty business. This Business Development Sales Manager will need to work across internal functional teams to build customer plans using category data, insights across our existing brands and product lines. Demonstrate expertise in analyzing, negotiating and selling; and managing complex customer situations. Execute and deliver the sales and profit goals.
Salary Ranges: 95K-110K plus 20% Bonus
Company Overview: Worldwise Inc. is an industry leader of smart, stylish, innovative and environmentally responsible pet products. We were founded in 1990 and our pet products are available across multiple retail and online channels throughout the world. We offer a collegial culture, a beautiful office location in Marin County, opportunities for career growth and competitive compensation and benefits. Come join our team and help us design the future of the company.
Worldwise is headquartered in Novato, CA, with additional offices in Colorado, Texas, Washington, Illinois and Asia. We provide a fun and pet-friendly working environment, as well as a hybrid work schedule to help our employees navigate these unprecedented times.
- Work to develop our strategy, identify areas of opportunity and execute
- Build relationships with buyers, analysts and sourcing teams to secure business opportunities
- Assist in line review development, analytical analysis, securing samples, completing item paperwork
- Responsible for forecasting the product needs and financial outlooking of the business
- Attending and representing Worldwise at national tradeshows
- Review details of customer profitability and take necessary action
- Ensuring internal company functions give the highest level of Customer Service to accounts
- Leading monthly meetings with outside Sales Reps around key accounts
- Holding business reviews to assess opportunities for sales
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Experience in CPG or Pet Industry required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of outside sales experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of key account management experience
- Ability to develop and execute an omni-channel strategy by collaborating with key internal e-commerce stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of business terminology
- Excellent time management, planning skills and organizational skills
- Experience managing budgets
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office required
- Ability to travel, including up to 30% overnight stays
- Valid Driver’s License
**MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED
**Midwest residency preferred/will be able to work remote
Interested and qualified applicants for any open position can email their resumes (with cover letters) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Be sure to reference the exact job title in the subject line.
Worldwise provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Worldwise complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which it operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Worldwise further expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or military or veteran status.
Worldwise requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires need to be fully vaccinated, and provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 on their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Worldwise, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located in Novato, Colorado, Texas or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.